07 May 2009

2nd Cake : Incredibly Inedible Japanese Cheese Cake

As I recall, the 2nd cake that i baked was the most incredibly inedible. I wanted to bake a light japanese cheese cake which is fluffy and light. I followed a recipe foun on the internet & started shopping for the baking ingredients.

I was a noob to every baking ingredient back then. The recipe called for 2 teaspoon of vanilla. I could see the store having vanilla essence in liquid form stored in a small glass bottle, and "vanilla" in a powder form stored in small plastic bottle. I ended up getting "vanilla" since the recipe said so.

I added 2 teaspoon of vanillin in the batter of the cake and put it in a oven to bake. The cake raise abit in height, seemed done when the toothpick come out clean upon testing it. Then i lifted up the base of the baking tin and served the cake with the tin. After slicing it, I took the first bite on the cake.

YUCK! & I spitted it out. How on earth can a cake taste so bad!!! WHAT WENT WRONG!

I looked through the recipe again. Look at the ingredients that I bought.$@#%#@ the label on bottle of "vanilla" reads "vanillin". The 2 is so smilar in spelling yet their taste is so far apart!!!

I dump the entired cake away... did not realise that i dumped the my baking tin's base together as well. :S "SPANK!!!"

No comments: