28 April 2009

Guo Tie / Gyoza / Pan Fried Dumpling

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I love to eat Guo Tei more than Gyoza. The only difference between them is their filling and the thickness of the wrapper/skin.

Guo Tei traditionally has slightly thicker wrapper compared to Gyoza.
The fillings for Guo Tei usually comprise of Chinese Chives aka Gu Cai which looks like spring onion. Teo Chew loves to eat Gu Cai found in Gu Cai Kueh but as for myself i love it in Guo Tei.

To me, Gyoza is the good substitute for Guo Tei if its not available. Gyoza's wrapper is usually thinner and its filling is generally comprise of cabbage instead of chinese chives.

Today's dinner is Guo Tei...in fact I've already cooked the 1st batch of Guo Tei early in the morning at around 4 am at the request of my hungry siblings :X

No comments: